The Chanel Classic Bag with the longest and richest history is the Reissue 2.55 Bag. The design was created by the founder Gabrielle Chanel and was launched in February 1955.
Karl Lagerfeld invented the Classic Flap Bag in the 1980’s, which featured the Interlocking CC Lock instead of the Mademoiselle Lock. The Classic Flap Bag is known as the most famous and sought-after Bag in the Chanel Bag Collection. It’s perhaps even more famous than the Reissue 2.55 Bag.
Throughout the years, Chanel has added new classic styles and discontinued old classic styles. The new bags that have been added are the Boy Bag, the Gabrielle Bag and the newest 19 Bag.
Chanel has also discontinued popular bags like the Grand Shopping Bag and the Medallion Tote.
For those that are starting out collecting Chanel, the most popular designs are:
- Chanel Reissue 2.55 Bag
- Chanel Classic Flap Bag
- Chanel Classic Boy Bag
- Chanel Coco Handle Bag
- Chanel Gabrielle Bag
- Chanel Trendy CC Bag
Chanel Classic Bags
Chanel Bag Prices
Chanel Classic Bag Prices
There 4 seasons in 1 year, but today it’s normal for high fashion brands to release more than 4 collections.
The collection is separated in 2 parts;
1. The seasonal bags, which are limited edition bags that are only available for that season.
2. The classic bags, these are classic bags but with slightly different designs or add-ons or decorations.
Each year, Chanel will release at least 6 collections. These 6 collections are:
– Chanel Spring Summer Collection Act 1 (also known as Pre-collection)
– Chanel Spring Summer Collection Act 2
– Chanel Pre-Fall Collection
– Chanel Fall Winter Collection Act 1 (also known as Pre-collection)
– Chanel Fall Winter Collection Act 2
– Chanel Cruise Collection
The Pre-Fall Collection is also known as Metiers D’Art Collection. The Metier D’Art is a special line where Chanel focuses on culture and art.
There are occasionally capsule collections, which are separated from the main releases. In 2019, Karl Lagerfeld designed the Coco Neige Capsule Collection. This collection was devoted to winter sports and après-ski with Norwegian-inspired styles.