Chanel Coco Handle Bag

Chanel-Coco-Handle-Bag-2

Chanel makes a lot of gorgeous handbags, but some of them are destined to stick around, like the Chanel Coco Handle Bag.

First introduced in the Pre-Fall Winter 2015 Collection, nobody had ever thought that the Chanel Coco Handle Bag would come so far. But when you take another look at it, the bag does look stunning and fabulous.

The Chanel price overview

The name is lovely as well; the bag is named after the founder Gabrielle Coco Chanel. The design is like a flap bag but in a tote bag version. And you know how well Chanel creates flap bags. The bag also reminds me a bit of the Trendy CC Bag.

But anyways, the Coco Handle Bag is designed in trapezium shape and it’s beautiful quilted with vivid stitches. The top features a strong handle and it comes with the classic woven chain strap for shoulder carry as well. You can carry it by hand and cross body. It’s crafted with a front flap and features the iconic interlocking CC closure.

‘The Mini Coco Handle Bag is compatible with the Mini Classic Flap Bag. The Small Coco Handle Bag is similar sized as the M/L Classic Flap Bag. The Medium Coco Handle Bag is similar in width to the Jumbo Classic Flap Bag’ – Jasmine.

‘Medium coco handle – measure of the base is 11.5 inches (29 cm) Medium classic flap – 10 inches (25 cm)’ – Gina.

The unique about the design is the handle, you can either choose in the luxurious lizard leather or just the normal leather which is the usually the in calfskin. The bag comes in several different sizes and here are the details:

Chanel-Coco-Handle-Bag-sizes

From left to right: Mini, Medium, Large
Pictures courtesy of: Fashion Phile

This bag is available in four sizes:

‘How to distinguish the mini and the small size? Counting the number of diamond is the most consistent . 6 for the mini and 9 for the small. However, The Chevron Coco Handle Bag is difficult to judge the size by the picture. The Chevron Coco Handle Bag tends to be ” smaller” by 0.3 inch bring a structured bag.’ – Jasmine.

Chanel-Coco-Handle-Bag-size-comparison-2

Comparison Chanel Mini Coco Handle Bag vs New Mini Classic Flap Bag

Pictures courtesy of: @Jasmine

Chanel-Coco-Handle-Bag-size-comparison

Comparison Chanel Small Coco Handle Bag vs New Mini & Jumbo Classic Flap Bag

Chanel Mini Coco Handle Bag with Calfskin Handle
Style code: A92990
Size: 5.5′ x 9′ x 3.5′ (H x L x D) inches
Prices: $3700 USD, $4450 CAD, €3150 euro, £2850 GBP, $5260 SGD, $27300 HKD, $5360 AUD, ¥428760 JPY, ¥26300 CNY, 4320000 WON

Chanel Mini Coco Handle Bag with Lizard Handle
Style code: A92990
Size (nov 2018): 5.5′ x 9′ x 3.5′ (H x L x D) inches
Prices: Chevron; $3800 USD

Chanel Small Coco Handle Bag in Calfskin Handle
Style code: A92991
Size: 7.3’ x 11.4’ x 4.7’ inches
Prices: $4000 USD, $4800 CAD, €3400 euro, £3150 GBP, $5680 SGD, $29400 HKD, ¥463320 JPY, MYR, $5780 AUD, ¥28500 CNY, 4660000 WON

Chanel Small Coco Handle Bag in Lizard Handle
Style code: A92991
Size: 7.3’ x 11.4’ x 4.7’ inches
Prices (feb 2019): $4500 USD, €3990 euro, £3890 GBP, $6700 SGD, $35000 HKD, ¥532440 JPY, 19250 MYR, $5600 CAD, $6990 AUD, ¥34500 CNY, 5,860,000 WON

Chanel Small Coco Handle Bag in Elaphe Handle
Style code: A92991
Size: 7.3’ x 11.4’ x 4.7’ inches
Prices : $4800 USD, €4050 euro, £3610 GBP, $6680 SGD, $35200 HKD, ¥556200 JPY, MYR, $5800 CAD, $6590 AUD, ¥ CNY, 5,650,000 WON

Chanel Coco Handle Bag in Calfskin Handle
Style code: A92992
Size: 8.7’ x 13’ x 4.7’ inches
Prices: $4300 USD, $5150 CAD, €3650 euro, £3380 GBP, $5990 SGD, $31600 HKD, $6210 AUD, ¥496800 JPY, MYR, ¥30500 CNY, 5010000 WON

Chanel Coco Handle Bag in Lizard Handle
Style code: A92992
Size: 8.7’ x 13’ x 4.7’ inches
Prices (feb 2019): $5100 USD, €4450 euro, £4130 GBP, $40800 HKD, $7410 AUD, $6475 CAD, $7590 SGD, est.¥455760 JPY, ¥36500 CNY, 20320 MYR, 6,210,000 WON

Chanel Coco Handle Bag in Elaphe Handle
Style code: A92992
Size: 7.3’ x 11.4’ x 4.7’ inches
Prices: $5100 USD, €4250 euro, £3790 GBP, $5800 SGD, $37000 HKD, ¥556200 JPY, MYR, $6075 CAD, $6590 AUD, ¥ CNY, 5,930,000 WON

Chanel Large Coco Handle Bag in Calfskin Handle
Style code: A92993
Size: 9.8’ x 13’ x 4.3’ inches
Prices: TBD

Chanel Large Coco Handle Bag in Lizard Handle
Style code: A92993
Size: 9.8’ x 13’ x 4.3’ inches
Prices (dec. 2017): $4800 USD, €4700 euro, £4360 GBP, $7900 SGD, $40900 HKD, ¥625320 JPY, 24820 MYR, $6550 CAD

Chanel-Coco-Handle-Bag

Chanel-Large-Coco-Handle-Bag-Lizard-handle

Chanel-Large-Coco-Handle-Bag-Lizard-handle-2

Chanel-Coco-Handle-Python-Bag

Chanel-Coco-Handle-Python-Bag-2

Chanel-Coco-Handle-Bag-With-python-handle

chanel-coco-handle-tote

chanel-coco-tote-bag-2

Chanel-coco-handle-bag

chanel tax refund

guide to shopping at airport

chanel tax refund

chanel leather guide

chanel collection bag prices thumb

COMMENTS
  • Wina

Hi guys, anybody knows if the coco handle medium still got stock in paris/london?

Thanks 🙂

May 3, 2019
  • Miki I

Hello Alex,

This bag is just gorgeous. Thanks for the great overview. Wondering if you have (know where) I can get updated pricing on all the sizes (normal handle vs lizard handle) in the us, UK, France.

Also I had a chance to look over the quilted ?medium coco handle and noticed the interior is fabric. Do you know if still making leather interior or this (fabric) is the new way.

Lastly, I heard that the Lizard handle is going away for good, Is this true? Why?

April 15, 2019
  • Alexandra

I am traveling to Paris next month and want to purchase the Coco as my first ever Chanel bag. I want black quilted and not sure if I want the medium or small. I do want to use it as an everyday bag so I am thinking possibly the medium. Do you think the Paris locations will have both or at least 1 of them? How do you know if they’re still available? Sorry for all of the questions I am new to the Chanel game as it has always been a bit out of my price range, but I am now in a position where I can buy one and what better place than Paris!

April 11, 2019
    • BMB

Hi Alexandra, The Coco Handle Bag is a good choice. This is a popular handbag and the black color in medium and small are both most-picked sizes. The size is slightly different, but it’s personal choice. You need to check whether the interior size is large enough for your daily essentials. And whether the small or medium look better on you. Both are good as an everyday bag.

Whether its available in Paris, it depends on the stock and your luck. Best moment is to shop on Monday to Wednesday for the best stock. Weekends are busy. Check the most popular stores first, especially 31 Rue Cambon, there are a lot of boutiques in Paris.

Keep us up to date =)

April 14, 2019
      • Alexandra

Thank you! Someone put me in touch with a SA in the Rue Cambon store so I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will be able to get one for me! I will keep you posted.

This is a great post by the way extremely helpful!!

April 15, 2019
        • BMB

Yes keep us updated about your journey

April 17, 2019
  • Preetee

Hi Alex
    Looking for the coco handle in black diamond quilt in mini, live in Australia.
    Can you tell me which country would most likely have some is stock. Thanks

March 23, 2019
  • Yvonne

Hi may I know which country has the highest tax refund for Chanel? Is it Portugal?

March 12, 2019
  • Iris

Hi Alex
    Looking for coco chanel in Small size in caviar black . With antique gold .could you tell me please where can I find it?

December 3, 2018
  • Bee

Hi, I got my bag from Chanel Boutique in Bangkok. The measurements are approx. L12.5 (base) x H7.9 x W4.7 inches. What size is this (small,medium,large)? I got it in black Chevron vintage GHW for 143,700 Baht.

October 24, 2018
  • Rayane

Hi Alex. Is the bag post in the photo a coco handle with a metallic handle ? How much is it ? Can I find it in Paris ? Thank you !

July 30, 2018
    • Rayane

Ok ! Thank you !

August 10, 2018
  • Janet

Hi, may I know is coco handle with red lizard handle, golden buckle and black classic pattern in medium size still available in Hong Kong or worldwide? The Chanel sales said they have no idea when will it be available again and I really wanna get one~ I even asked when I went to Europe and Japan Chanel stores but it’s all out of stock….

July 16, 2018
  • gina

I got my Coco handle last July 2, 2018 . In medium , chevron – black caviar with GH regular handle. € 3,400 bef VAT . SA said diamond version will be out by end of July . I saw some other color like royal blue, dark blue and beige. The lizard handle of same size is € 3,500. The Chevron gives me that vintage feel and I just simply love it. Others say the diamond is too puffy and less structured.
    For reference :
    Medium coco handle – meas of the base is 11.5 inches ( 29 cm )
    Medium classic flap – 10 inches ( 25 cm )

July 11, 2018
  • Jeniffer Leong

Hi, may I know what are the coco handle prices in Malaysia compared to the UK?

Thanks

July 9, 2018
  • Widya

Hi, i just bought the mini coco handle in chevron ghw caviar today. The price has increased to 404000 japanese yen

June 16, 2018
      • Tran

I heard that Coco will increase again this July 1 around 300-500.

June 26, 2018
  • Fendi

hi Alex, Chanel Coco Handle medium size still available at London?

May 18, 2018
  • Tran

Hi Alex..

It is me again. By any chance you know Coco handle come with new color this seasons? Thanks

May 16, 2018
      • Tran

Thanks Alex,

Husband will be in Europe next month. Hope he can get me another Coco in blue color. Hope they have quilt one.

May 18, 2018