Chanel Price Update 2014

chanel-update-1

Update as per 11-05-2014:

Since we have posted about the Chanel Price Increase in April 2014, we received numerous of responses, but none of them were like: ‘Yeah, let’s celebrate the price increases’. But instead…

– Like $4500 USD isn’t expensive enough

– What… Again?!

– Oh come on!!

– Didn’t they already increase a few months ago?

Yes, we do understand your frustration and this is not the first time and it will certainly not be the last time that Chanel increase prices. So get ready for the second punch. The next price increase will probably ‘happen’ on December 2014/January 2014 and if not… then next year May to July 2015.

For those who have decided to buy a Chanel bag, the announcement must feel like a rock in the face. You could be paying less for more, if you had the opportunity to buy earlier right?

But the purpose of this post is not to ‘add salt to the pain’, instead we are here to inform you about ‘what has been changed’.

Let’s start from the beginning;

The ‘timeless’, ‘iconic’, ‘permanent’ (whatever it’s called) bag collection has all increased prices. So which one are we talking about?

– The Chanel Classic Flap Bags including the minis.
– The Chanel GST price is still the same (but they had already increased the GST a few months ago)
– All the Quilted Boy Bags including the new metallic patent bags from the Spring Summer 2014 Collection.
– We have found that a few Chanel WOC’s have also increased in prices.
– The Chanel Reissue 2.55 Classic Flap Bags.

And your next question is: ‘How much did they increase?’.

Great question, you can find all of the updated prices of the ‘classic’ and ‘permanent’ collection (including the boy) at our post: ‘Chanel Bags Prices’.

We have separately written an update about the Chanel Quilted Boy Bags in new metallic patent from the SS2014 Collection. You can find this post at: ‘Chanel Quilted Boy Bag in Metallic Patent’.

Not all countries have been hit by the storm, but the prices did increase in the United States, Europe, Great Britain and Singapore (for as far as we know). The prices in Australia are still the same (but the prices over there were already as high as the Himalayan Mountain).

We also want to introduce to you; Fishabella. You see, she is like one of us, a Chanel addict and a price collector. She gathered price from Hong Kong and we love her for that. To make it easier you, we will just post them below:

Boy Chanel Quilted Flap Bag

Size: 26x31x16
Price HKD: $52100

Chanel Large Trendy CC Tote
Style code: A92236
Size: 17x25x12
Price HKD: $42500

Read more about the Chanel Trendy CC Tote.

Chanel Python Boy Clutch Bag

Size: 12x20x8
Price HKD: $32200

Chanel Boy Reverso Flap Bag in PVC and metallic calfskin
Style code: A92098
Size: 12x20x9
Price HKD: $29100

There you go, we have all the pictures of these bags on our site. You can either go to Chanel Spring Summer Pre-Collection 2014 or Chanel Spring Summer Collection 2014.

And if you are really ‘lazy’, then simply copy the style code and past in our search bar on the top right. And don’t forget to like our Facebook page of course.

Okay, are you still in for more?

Overall, the prices of the Spring Summer 2014 Collection hasn’t changed much. That means; the Graffiti backpack is still the same price, the prices of the pre-spring summer 2014 Collection hasn’t changed much either. The price increase was actually targeted at the iconic’s and the classic bags.

The Chanel WOC didn’t end up good either, for example – the timeless CC WOC went from €1250 euro to €1450 euro, that’s a lot for a mini bag. The Classic Quilted WOC went from $1775 to $2100 USD. Read more about the Chanel WOC prices.

If you have any question, you can drop them in the comment. And also, like our Facebook page of course.

Line-2

It’s almost unbelievable, just as we’ve released this post a week ago, Chanel decided to increase prices and this time it was not just a simple 50 euro, but a whopping 20%+ for the classic bags. Even the seasonal bags have increased in prices. I would like to thank the community for keeping us updated.

And so, you will ask me right now; what has changed? It’s unfortunate for those who are currently hunting, having to pay a few hundred euro/dollars extra. The price changes have hit US and also Europe, we are still gathering information, but here’s a quick update:

Amy O. – I just bought myself a Jumbo at 31 Rue Cambon and the price now is €3.950.
GST

Anonymous – GST is now 1.755 GBP.

KwanG – 7″ mini classic €1830 and 8″ mini classic €2020, God, I wish I am dreaming!

Yes me too Kwan =(

Anonymous – Chanel Classic Medium Flap Bag in Europe is now 3550

Rami: Chanel Reissue 2.55 size 226 is now $6,650 +tax and Classic flap Jumbo $6,100 +tax in Canada.

Anonymous: the jumbo is currently priced at £3425 GBP

To check our more and how much has actually increased, go here.

Line-2

Perhaps 5 posts on a day is too much… too much, but hey! I have something important to share, so bare with me okay? (for another 10 minutes)…

First the most shocking news ever, I just heard from one of our member in Aussie (Australia) that she was informed by Chanel SA that the Mini Classic Flap Bags are going to be discontinued. Oh My Gah!

Oh yes, there’s more… it happens that the Mini Classic Flap Bags have a second name, it’s also called the baby Classic Flap. I didn’t know that… up until today. Very interesting.

About the Mini classic Flap Bag Aka Square Mini Aka Baby Classic Flap, they have it in lambskin SHW (for $3,160 AUD) and patent black, priced at $2,800 AUD. (Credits to: Grappy)

For those who love Chanel but don’t want to overpay, the Chanel CC Crave Flap Bag is available in this season. Sabby bought hers at London for 1,935 pounds in jumbo size and she loved it.

Now let’s turn to the Boy Chanel Quilted Flap Bag in Black, our favorite bag right? Let Anja do the talking:

‘I just came back from Paris, I was lucky enough to find quilted Chanel boy medium in black at the first Chanel boutique I walked into (the one on Rue Royale, ask for Caroline, the best SA at that store) and it cost €2,870 euro on 3 March 2014. I’m guessing they just got the new collection that week. Hope this info will help if someone is looking for that bag.’

There you go! Next topic:

Chanel WOC Sevruga in Black has been discontinued, that’s what the SA in Aussie said. I am thinking what you’re thinking right? It’s a Classic, how could they stop the production? (Credit: Elle )

Two more things before I dive into my bed, the Boy Chanel Flap Bag in Metallic Perforated and lambskin from the Spring Summer 2014 Pre-Collection is not available in the US, I also confirmed this with the SA. I am not sure if they will ship it to the US in the future, but the SA couldn’t check the stock in Europe either. Anyone, anyone? (Credit: JJ)

Lastly:

The Chanel Classic Flap Bags no price increase so far, the Chanel Cerf tote is now priced at €1.900 in Europe, the GST went from €1.790 to €1.950 recently.

Oh well, that’s all, drop me a comment if you got any question.

COMMENTS
  • AA

Hi Alex, have you any Intel on the next price increase for Europe? Some say it is mid January. Is this true?

January 7, 2015
  • Anonymous

Hi , can i know chanel gst medium size will be how much in Germany?

December 31, 2014
  • Dee

Hi Alex
    Is it true Chanel boy bag’s price increase next year?(2015). If yes may I know which month.. Many thanks

Regards

December 1, 2014
  • Rose

Hi Alex

I was wondering for chanel classic flap and Hermes garden party are they cheaper in Europe with tax refund (are they same prices across all Europe stores??) or at heathrow airport ?

Is there only passport restrictions within each country ? So I can get more than two across Europe as long as not the same country?

November 11, 2014
  • YS

Hi hi! I really adore reading your blog and this is my first time posting a comment here! Can I check do you have any “confirmed” month for the next price increase? I intend to get a classic double flap in December, but after reading the news from your blog, I think I had to purchase it in November. But you see, I had it all planned out, getting it in November seems to be a little rush and just to avoid the price increase.

November 8, 2014
      • monica

I’m going to London end of december and hope there is no price increase before that haha. planning to buy WOC.

November 11, 2014
      • Anonymous

Hi Alex! Thanks for the response! I am getting it tomorrow, rather be safe than sorry! I regretted of not getting it on March before the price increase in April/May! So I understand how scary the price increase is!!!

November 12, 2014
      • YS

Hi Alex! I remember why I wanna wait till December for the Chanel bag! I wanted the Christmas gift wrapping! But I am now afraid of the price increase, might not risk to get it in December! Do you think I should care so much about the packaging?

November 12, 2014
          • YS

Hi Alex!!! I just gotten my bag today!!! Can’t explain my excitement!!! Thanks a million for your responses, you really aid me in making the decision fast. I have been indecisive and kept on postponing getting the bag. I wanted to get the bag in March this year but waited until now, and I actually regretted! I am really glad that I finally get it today!!! I rather not take the bet!!!

November 18, 2014
          • Anonymous

hi
            Is the christams gift wrapping FOC?

December 9, 2014
  • Allison

I’m leaving for Paris in a couple days and can anyone tell me the Euro price of the chanel CC timeless tote?

October 16, 2014
  • Yasmine

Hi,
    Yasmine here from Toronto,CA. I just bought the GST in Black Caviar from the Chanel boutique in Yorkdale mall, it was $3,200 plus %13 tax came out to be $3,600. Crazy prices, do you know when the next price increase is for the GST in Canada?

Thanks. Love your articles!!!

October 10, 2014
  • Sam

Hi Alex

I will be in Paris next week. I will try my luck to get an easy flap bag in a non black color. In case I can’t find any, can you kindly recommend any seasonal bags from their Fall Winter 2014 Collection? Thanks so much!!

October 2, 2014
  • Jasmine

Hi~
    do you know the price of chanel A67294 timeless CC medium bags in Euro now?

October 2, 2014
  • KiKi

Hi Alex

Help! My friend went to Germany Chanel store they said that the Boy bag in Black color has discontinued?! Is that true? Im desperate for a black boy bag, she’s going to France tomorrow, hope she can find something. Is that true that they discontinued?

September 24, 2014
      • KiKi

Hi Alex
        It the old medium Quilted Boy bag in black, my friend went to Paris she get the same respond.
        They say it seasonal and it has discontinued now they only have bright colors

September 28, 2014
  • Leen

Hi any idea whr is the cheapest for chanel jumbo double flap?

September 23, 2014
  • Ally

Hi Alex,

I was look through some blogs and I came across a Black Chanel classic flap in chevron (i presume it is the mini size)…

Do you know how much does it cost in Euros?

Thanks!

September 22, 2014
  • KiKi

Hi

does anyone know the price of the old medium boy in calf skin? where can I find it in europe?

many thanks

September 17, 2014
  • Gemma

Hi,

I recently purchased a Chanel Boy and if you have noticed they have a new medium size which is larger than the original medium size. I bought the new medium size.

Here are the details:
    Store: Saks Fifth Avenue, USA
    Style code: 14K A92193Y04638
    Size: 28cm x 17cm x 9cm
    Colour: Black
    Leather: Lambskin
    Hardware: Silver
    Price: USD4600

I had a choice between lambskin or calfskin with black plate for the clasp. I know how lambskin is fragile but nevertheless I’m in love with how luxurious the leather feel and I already have a classic jumbo in caviar 🙂 From looking at online reviews it seems that people prefer the old medium size but I love the new medium size as I can fit more stuffs in it! Hoping to help anyone out there who is wondering how much this version of chanel
    boy is.

September 17, 2014
      • Gemma

It is the new medium. I think the large is taller and wider 🙂

September 22, 2014
        • Anonymous

Hi! Sorry I just saw this! I sent you an email with the pictures 🙂 sorry its so late

October 6, 2014
  • Nora

I will be visiting both UK and Paris soon, I wonder if i will be allowed to purchase the GST in various colors (max of 3, i promise). Anyone?

September 16, 2014
  • joanne

May I know if I buy Chanel medium caviar at Paris or Italy have any different?

August 29, 2014
  • Sam

Hi

Thought I will update everyone abt Chanel one passport rule. I’m now in London n was at the largest Chanel store in the world yest – in New Bond St. It was so awesome!! For some reason there is no one passport restriction rule. I was lucky to get a medium boy, a medium classic flap n a mini flap. I was told there is no such restriction on bags or anything else. Anyway this is great news!! I’m now looking for the half moon timeless clutch in caviar. New Bond St didn’t have it caviar n I will try Selfridges today.

August 29, 2014
      • Sam

Hi Alex
        I’m afraid I didn’t check the WOC half moon when I was in Selfridges:(( I was looking for the half moon clutch in caviar which only Selfridges carries. Was told that half moons come mainly in lambskin this season..

August 31, 2014
          • Anonymous

Hi Alex

I’m so sorry about the confusion – you are right. It’s the timeless clutch I’m referring to:)) I’m back in London tomorrow n can check if they carry the WOC half moon in lambskin. Shall update you again

September 3, 2014
        • Kamaria

If you see the half moon WOC, please let us know! I’m looking for it too. 🙂

September 5, 2014
          • Sam

Hi Alex and Kamaria

I checked with 2 stores yesterday n was told they didn’t bring in any half moon WOC this season yet, but they are not sure if they will come in the next collection which is due from mid Sep onwards.

Re one bag per passport rule, they let me me purchase 2 more flap bags n 2 wallets in Harrods..getting stranger. Thinking back, they didn’t ask me for my passport when I made those purchases except in New Bond St, so I’m not sure how they keep track..

September 7, 2014
        • Kamaria

Thanks for the update Sam! Hopefully, the half moon comes out this next season.

September 7, 2014
  • Mandy

do you know the price of chanel mini square and woc classic timeless lambskin in Australia?

August 29, 2014
      • alii

Hai Alex..how about price in paris for chanel mini squared?realy love the mini square”)

October 2, 2014
  • Sara

Hi Alex,
    Thank you for the very interesting blog, it helped a lot!
    Just a question, I know the prices increased in may this year, and I’m saving up for my Jumbo but not yet there…. do you think the prices will increase a second time this year? (I really hope not, but if so I need to get the bag ASAP 🙂 )

August 21, 2014
  • Lush

Hello,

First I just want to say a big thank you for starting this blog.

I have finally decided to splurge and buy my first Chanel bag…Life is too short, why not? lol

I live in the Middle East and the prices here are totally outrageous.

The SA in the Chanel shop was so kind and she wrote some prices for me with the codes

A92377- AED 16390
    A01112- AED 21209 ; in BEIGE AED 20420
    A58601 – AED 24720
    A58600- AED 22720

I also saw the Croc skin bag going for AED 80,000 it was under lock and key!!!

My question to the AED was that who buys this….and she says to me well I sold one today…Yikes!!!! I digress….

As you can see its much better for me to buy in Europe…

I have 2 questions: I’m off to Europe in September specifically to London and I could either go via Amsterdam or Paris. Are the prices the same all over Europe ie in Amsterdam and in Paris? Its 3950 Euros in Paris from the information on your blog. Does it cost the same in Amsterdam?

Its far more in London 3210 pounds so 2996 pounds after conversion vs 3210 pounds , so I’ll stop off to avoid paying the extra 200+ pounds. I’ll also get some VAT back…Yay!!

I’ve decided on the Chanel Jumbo Classic in black.
    The second question is black lambskin vs. black caviar leather? What do you ladies think from your experience and which is most durable?

Counting down to September..and praying there’s no price increase.

August 19, 2014
      • Lush

Will do. Thanks Alex.

August 21, 2014
  • Sam

Hi Alex,

Pardon me if you have already answered this question before…I am confused about the one passport restriction policy for Chanel bags. If I buy in London, can I buy a classic flap bag as well as a boy bag under one passport?
    Many thanks for your help!

August 9, 2014
  • Lily

Hi
    How much is A69900 price in Hong Kong for Pre Autumn Winter collection?

August 4, 2014
      • Lily

Thanks Alex for your info.
        FYI, the price for A69900 in HK is at HK$24200.
        Please update it.

August 26, 2014
  • Vanessa

Hello!

Can I know where to buy the Chanel Extra Mini Classic Flap Bag (A69900) for HKD $17500? Thank you!!

July 28, 2014
  • KiKi

Can anyone tell me the price of a old medium boy bag in europe?
    a caviar leather and lambskin price?

Thanks so much

July 22, 2014
    • KiKi

Just an update, it the Chanel medium quilted bag price, Thanks Alex.

July 22, 2014
  • nicole

hi

do you know the price of A67086 in UK and europe??

Also, do they still have caviar black with silver hardware medium flap boy chanel in uk?

and how much is the wallet: A80286, A50097, A50096, A80287 in uk and europe/?

July 20, 2014