Where To Buy Chanel Bag The Cheapest?

Chanel-Classic-Flap-Bag-Golden-Hardware

Chanel Medium/Large Classic Flap Bag
Lamskin (or Caviar)

Dreaming of your next Chanel handbag, but want to find the best deal? You’re not alone. Plenty of fashionistas across the world are wondering where they can find the biggest bang for their buck, and we’re here to help. If you’re wondering which country is cheapest to buy Chanel bag, keep reading!

In order to decide which country is the cheapest to buy your next dream Chanel bag, we’re going to compare prices between 9 different countries: United States, Canada, Europe, United Kingdom, Singapore, Australia, Japan, United Arab Emirates, Dubai, and Hong Kong. You will find these 9 countries on our table. To ensure the pricing is the same for each country, we will only be comparing a single bag in the same leather. We’ve chosen the ever-popular Chanel Medium/Large Classic Flap in Lambskin or Caviar for obvious reasons, the main one being it’s a stunning and elegant piece that’s craved by women across the world and adorned by top celebrities and models.

Where-to-buy-Chanel-Bag-Cheapest-2

Where-to-buy-Chanel-Bag-Cheapest

Explanation Of The Table

As far as the table goes, underneath the country name you will find the retail price of the bag. This price is the price you will find in the stores. You will then see a column labeled ‘tax-refund’. If there is a ‘0%’ listed, then the country does not offer a refund. Each country has a different terminology for tax refunds, and they go as followed: In the United States, it is known as a sales tax, while Canada refers to it as a GST (goods and services tax) or HST (harmonized sales tax). Neither of these countries offer a tax return on goods purchased by consumers. In Europe and the United Kingdom, it is called a VAT or value added taxes. All European countries offer a different amount when it comes to VAT. Singapore and Australia have a GST (goods and services tax) while Japan has a consumption tax. Dubai and Hong Kong do not have taxes on goods sold, but that does not necessarily mean you’re paying less- it all depends on the retail price.

Finally you will see the ‘Retail price minus tax-refund’ column. This is the amount you will pay after receiving your tax refund. Keep in mind that your refund will typically be lower than the percentage amount equates, as you will need to pay for an affiliate company to process your refund. They will charge an administration fee that comes out of your overall tax refund amount, so it’s TAX REFUND – ADMIN FEE = ACTUAL REFUND.

Where To Buy Chanel Bag The Cheapest?

As you can see from our table, an American buying in the United Kingdom is the cheapest option as you will be paying $3,946 USD LESS after receiving your tax refund. Most individuals will either choose the United Kingdom or Europe to buy their Chanel handbags, as many European countries offer an astounding VAT refund. Remember that purchasing from tax-free areas like Hong Kong and Dubai doesn’t mean your purchase will be cheaper than in other countries; it all depends on retail prices. Always ensure you are looking for your DREAM Chanel bag rather than focusing entirely on prices, as some areas- Paris, for example- are typically sold-out of certain popular bags like the Chanel Classic Flap Bag, and other areas like Hong Kong have low stock due to high demand.

Final Note

Returning to your home country after purchasing a Chanel bag in another country, you will need to pay certain import duties and may even have to pay taxes that your country imposes. This will certainly affect the ultimate price you end up paying for your must-have Chanel accessory.

ALSO READ: The ultimate guide: Chanel timeless bags >>

ALSO READ: Where to find the highest tax-refund for Chanel bag >>

ALSO READ: Chanel leather guide >>

ALSO READ: Chanel bag prices >>

ALSO READ: Chanel Classic Wallet Prices >>

ALSO READ: More news about Chanel >>

COMMENTS
  • Erica Kravit

What if you can’t bring your purchase from Madrid back with you as you are backpacking ? Can you ship it back insured ? Do you lose the VAT refund ?

February 19, 2018
  • HElly

Thanks for sharing valuable information for Chanel bag. Best review for all.

February 16, 2018
  • Takiis Thompson

What about in Turkey?

November 19, 2017
  • Anonymous

What about buying Chanel bag in Barcelone and Portual comparing to Paris and UK? Thanks for your help!

November 17, 2017
  • Joanne W

Hello ..

I am visiting London , Italy & Paris this coming winter . I intend to buy a Classic small flap Chanel and Micro Luggage Celine .
    Can you please advise should I get it in London or Paris .
    After comparison with the currency and VAT claim , it seems to be cheaper in London .
    But I am contemplating, Chanel is from Paris I would like to have the feeling from picking the apple fresh from the tree at the same time I want to save more and buy more bags. I have one concern is I am afraid I could not find the bag in Paris as Paris is my last stop before flying home.
    Please give me your expert advise and comparison. Could you also share with me how do I do the VAT claim as well if I were to purchase my bag from Paris but am flying back home from London? I will be traveling from Paris to London via train.

October 8, 2017
      • Joanne W

Thanks Alex ! I am grateful for the advise and with this information it ease my London + Europe vacation shopping haul ?

October 20, 2017
  • Lighty

Should I buy the Chanel new medium boy in Switzerland or in Paris ? Pls advise as I don’t see any price comparison for Chanel bags in Switzerland

September 27, 2017
  • Edward

Hello,

Visiting Greece with my signicant other this coming week and may look to get her the classic Chanel coin purse. (She loves coin purses)

I noticed in the US, it’s 475 (New York City). How much would this be in Athens?? Also, is the tax refund on the spot?

Thanks!

Edward

September 22, 2017
    • Lily

The price for the coin purse in euro will be 360 euro (I think you are looking at the chanel classic coin purse). VAT return is not on the spot, it needs to be refunded at the day you return to the us, at the airport. You also need the shopping assistance to give you a tax refund form.

September 22, 2017
  • Lhinggit

Is that right, Chanel in HK goes on sale every now and then?

September 3, 2017
    • Cynthia

Yes, but we’re not sure which date yet. =)

September 8, 2017
  • Sunny

Hello, I love your post! I just wanted to know if all Chanel handbags and clothing are cheaper in the UK? Even the seasonal bags? Thank you for your answer in advance!

July 20, 2017
  • Betty

Hello,

I’m planning to visit Paris and Prague in September and was wanting to buy the medium classic flap Chanel bag. Where would be the best place to go? Also, would it be cheaper to purchase it in Europe vs U.S?

June 16, 2017
  • Hello! Does Paris typically have the jumbo classic flap in caviar leather? I’m heading there in September and hoping to find one in grey!

June 8, 2017
  • Victoria

Hello,

I’m searching for the mini rectangle in black caviar and silver hardware, but i already called to France, Uk, Portugal and Belgium and it’s sold out! How long does it take to come back to stores? I’ll be there to buy in July.

May 11, 2017
    • Anonymous

Hi Victoria, the mini’s go out very hard in Europe. Generally, you should be there on Mondays and Tuesday, that’s where I know they get new stock. Avoid friday, saturday and sundays, always busy ~

May 12, 2017
  • Sandra

Hi there!
    Dreaming of my new chanel bag.. I am from Australia, is it cheaper to buy in Australia or wait till my holiday in Hawaii to purchase?
    Thanks so much x

April 30, 2017
  • Adel

Hi!! Wanted to know if it’ll be more ecnomical to purchase a boy chanel from the LHR…. Adel

April 29, 2017
  • Rocio

The two bags are the mm favorite and speedy 30
    ?

April 23, 2017
  • Rocio

Love all your blogs!!! My GF is going to Greece and she is buying two LV bags for me. How do I know the cost for each bag. I could not find prices on the LV website. Is it same to assume it’s the the price as France?

April 23, 2017
  • Jeanette

Hi!
    I’m going UK, Paris and Rome. I intend to buy Chanel and Gucci handbags. Which is a better country to get a higher VAT refund.
    If I depart Paris for UK via Eurostat, will I be able to get my vat refund?
    Thank you.

April 17, 2017
    • Lily

Hi Jeanette, the prices in UK is higher, so its better to buy in Europe. Rome has the highest tax-refund of 14%. Paris tax-refund is around 12%. You can apply for tax-refund in the latest stop. Because UK is still in European Union, you can apply tax-refund there as well.

April 20, 2017
  • queenie l

hi, how’s the price in greece comparing to france?
    will it be cheaper to buy in greece or UK?

April 11, 2017
  • Jea

Hi is it possible to buy Chanel in Greece ? What’s the tax refund like ??

April 8, 2017
  • Chloe

Hi,
    Appreciate if can share the selling price for Chanel O case in London, Paris, and Milan.

April 5, 2017
  • Mastura

Hi, I am going to Turkey in 2 weeks time. Can anyone tell me whether there is Chanel boutique there? how much is Jumbo Flap Caviar? and how much is the VAT? thanx soooo much for your help.

March 16, 2017
  • Lori Kahler

Very informative. I too have purchased overseas in the UK and the VAT refund is critical. Also, when shopping for luxury brands, it is important to know how to ensure it is an authentic brand. I mostly buy online now and use to buy at TheRealReal for lightly used items. I really love an online boutique that carries authentic designer brands. They carry all new items with tags, no used. hautemilan.com

February 18, 2017
  • Yulianna

Excellent review !!!!

December 1, 2016
  • Kamilya

Nice information, but the only thing is Dubai is not country. It is part of country which is UAE

September 19, 2016
  • Joanna

Hi i am currently moving around scandinavian countries, russia, belarus, lithuania and poland. Where is it best to buy a chanel or saint laurent?

September 11, 2016
    • Cynthia

Hi Joanna, Denmark don’t have Chanel boutiques, I would say Sweden as I don’t have experience in purchasing designer bags in the other countries.

September 16, 2016