Shopping Guide in Europe by Winni

prada-longcham-bags

Okay let’s see, where do I start?

I have talked to one of our friend and reader of BRAGMYBAG.com for a couple of weeks now, we were very close in contact as she was busy shopping in Europe for designer bags and accessories.

Unknown by that time, she ended up buying Prada, Chanel and Longhamp bags, she also bought a couple of CC earrings, even a Brooch and many more. Her story in Europe is very extended, so sit back and relax; we’ve also received a lot of clear and bright pictures to share with you.

What you also need to know is that her experience is extremely rich, it will help and guide you whenever its your time to shine and shop until your drop while you travel from Rome to Florence, then eagerly hopping on the train to London and only ending up in Paris where you will be shooting an instagram picture at 31 Rue Cambon.

The cities that Winni visited were Florence, Paris and Munich (perhaps even more). But we all know that Florence is the place to be right? Especially the outlets, we dream of shopping designer bags for cheaper prices. Winni had a great time in Florence, but she also wanted to warn and share her less happy experience with you.

You see, she bought a couple of Le Pliage Neo Tote Bags in 32 cm, the store charged her €170 for each bag. By the way, they are the green and purple totes on the couch, right next to the yellow Prada Tote Bags. In Paris she found that that these bags were actually retailing for €130 and she paid €170 in FLORENCE! The price difference is enormous, but there was no time to go back to the previous store and argue, so she had no choice but to accept. Her first advice is: know the prices before you buy!

Now about the tax refunds – we get a lot of questions about this subject. How much tax-refund can we get?

Well, here’s Winni’s experience:

Italy is 14% tax refund for CHANEL, however you can only get 12.4% tax refund at the outlets in Florence. France is 13.4% tax refund on credit card and 10% for cash. Germany is 12% tax refund.

By now, you might want to know about the prices of these bags. Let’s start from the top left:

The Longchamp Le Pliage Neo Tote Bags in 32 cm, either in green or purple, they are retailing for €130 in Paris.

Now let’s go the yellow Prada tote – Winni got it for €750 at the outlets in Florence, while the boutiques were selling it for €1300 euro’s.

Then on the right you see two Prada Totes in Fuchsia pink, they were priced at €380 euro’s.

Chanel-reissue-255-flap-bag-black

This is a Chanel 2.55 Reissue Flap Bag in black, the leather looks very similar to the Chanel CC Crave Flap Bag. Winni found this bag in Paris, it’s the medium size and retailing for 3550 euro’s.

chanel-255-reissue-flap-bag-large-stitches

chanel-255-reissue-flap-bag-large-stitches-2

She also spotted the same bag in Munich, Germany. However, Chanel has probably released a new style, as you see on the images, the stitches are very large compared to the original version. They come in either black or purple. The shape, size, mademoiselle closure and even the chains are similar.

Chanel-classic-flap-bag

Here are two more colors of the Chanel Classic Flap Bags for this season, it’s in grey and gold/yellow, both very shiny. The price is 3550 euro for the medium size.

Chanel-Earrings

chanel-earrings-2

chanel-earrings-3

chanel-earrings-4

Chanel-Brooch

The Chanel CC earrings in small are priced 160 euro’s, the others are retailing between 190 to 210 euro’s. The large CC brooch is priced at €380.

This is probably one of the most extensive shopping story we’ve covered so far, with so many pictures and prices shared. I want to thank Winni personally for all her effort and contribution. See more at Chanel Bag Prices.

And if you got any questions, you can drop them below.

COMMENTS
  • Mary

Hi there. Do u have the updated price for long champ pliage neo in small? My friend is going to Paris in Oct and I plan on asking her to pick one up for me.

September 3, 2016
    • Cynthia

The price for the Longchamp Le Pliage Neo Bag is 140 euro with VAT.

September 9, 2016
  • Jia jia

Any prada outlet at Poland city? How much the tax refund?

August 24, 2016
  • Tati Shackleton

Hi Winnie. How much is Louis Vuitton break bag?. Thank you

August 4, 2016
    • Cynthia

Hi Tati, which one?

August 5, 2016
  • Anonymous

hi do you have any idea how is the price for prada small wallet thanks ?

June 25, 2016
    • Cynthia

Prada small wallet price: €430

July 1, 2016
  • Janet

Hi Winnie,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

1.) I am looking for the Chanel Classic Flap Medium–does the Florence outlet sell this Classic Flap?

2.) If I purchase a Chanel in Paris and fly out to London ( I hold a Canadian Passport with US Green Card), would I be able to claim my VAT once I leave Paris and enter London?

3.) Is the price of Chanel classics same in Rome, Italy and Paris?

Thank you sooo much in advance!

June 11, 2016
    • Winnie

No outlets sells the iconic Chanel Classic Flap Bag

Yes, you can claim tax-refund on your last stop. London is your last stop, so if you fly from London to Canada, you can apply for tax-refund on Heathrow airport (or other airports in the UK). You will get the VAT back from the country you purchase the product, in this case, Paris. Don’t forget to ask the SA at the Chanel boutique for the special tax-refund documents to apply.

3.) Is the price of Chanel classics same in Rome, Italy and Paris?

Yes it is. The latest prices are available here: http://www.bragmybag.com/chanel-bags-prices

June 13, 2016
  • Lilian

Hi i will be in paris and then taking an eurostar into london. If i buy longchamp tote bag in paris can i still get vat refund from paris since i dont go tp paris airport?

Where is cheaper to get Longchamp tote bag in Paris or London?
    Thanks.

May 27, 2016
    • Cynthia

Hi Lillian, if you buy in Paris, you can get tax-refund back in London airport. Or other places where they do tax-refund. The percentage of refund will be based on France, since you bought the bag in Paris. I think Paris is cheaper.

May 27, 2016
  • Elizabeth

Hi. Any idea how much is the chanel classic earrings? Will be heading to florence and paris. Where woule it be better to get it from?

May 1, 2016
    • Cynthia

Hi Elizabeth, they’re priced around 300 – 400 euro. But the Classic has many sizes, this is the normal size, the bigger size (with larger CC) are a bit more expensive.

May 6, 2016
  • tra

hi,
    i’m planing on buying the mini (small) cc earings in germany. do u know how much they are now?

April 20, 2016
    • Cynthia

they’re now priced around 300 – 400 euro, depending on the embellishment. Some has pearls in it.

April 21, 2016
  • Jasmine

Hi there. I’m looking to get a pair of small Chanel classic ear rings. I’m heading to London-Amsterdam-Brussels-Rome. Any idea where should I get it? Also, do you happen to have the price on London or Rome? That will be very helpful. (:

April 3, 2016
  • Christrab

I purchased some bags at the Longchamp store in Paris in August but really should have bought more – prices were so much less than the US! I will be traveling to Poland in August and there is a store there. Will the prices be comparable to the prices in Paris for Longchamp? Thanks.

March 1, 2016
  • Melissa

Hi, I will travelling to florence 2 weeks later. Can i check where did you buy the longchamp buy from? As in which part of florence? Thanks for your help.

October 5, 2015
  • charlene

hi alex! if im going italy first then to paris and do the VAT refund in paris before i return to my home country, the italy purchases will be given italy’s vat refund % while paris purchases will be given paris’s vat refund % correct??

also, does florence has any chanel boutiques? I am looking to buying chanel mainly and also other brands from outlet stores. looks like people are saying florence is the best for outlet shopping!

I am going to europe in Dec, but couldnt decide on the cities and countries to go. definitely going paris for the best Chanel shopping experience! but for italy, not sure to go with florence or milan or both!

i am thinking of barcelona as well, is the shopping that great?

thanks!

June 25, 2015
  • Susan

Hello! The large CC crystal studs shown here: http://www.bragmybag.com/file/2014/07/Chanel-Earrings.jpg

How much are they? I’ve been eyeing a pair and am going to London/Spain/Paris next month!

Thank you!!

June 16, 2015
    • Cynthia

They are now around 230 euro

June 16, 2015
  • Anonymous

Hi may I know which month did she visit the Florence Prada outlet? Thanks 🙂

March 17, 2015
  • Karla

Hi, my mom will be traveling to Rome, Italy and Barcelona, Spain next month. We both want to get the Longchamp Neo. Are the prices the same in both countries? Where would you recommend she get the bags at?

September 27, 2014
  • Ginny

Hi,

Thanks Winni for sharing your shopping experience in Europe.

If the tax refund for Chanel bags in Italy is the highest, should we buy it from Italy and make Italy the last destination so that we can claim the 14% tax refund? Or can we just buy it from Italy but claim back the tax later if our last stop is Paris?

Thanks much 🙂

August 14, 2014
  • Anonymous

Hi winni..can u pls give me the model of the prada yellow tote..thanks

August 13, 2014
  • Lily

Love this site… Learn to know which bags I actually would like to add in my wishlist… Very informative…

Thanks a bunch

August 12, 2014
      • KiKi

Hi Alex

I would like to know the update price for the C C logo Chanel earrings in small size and medium size in Europe, my friend is going there next week. Thanks

July 10, 2015
  • Lily

Thanks for the information.

I’m travelling to Barcelona-Nice-Monaco-Paris this coming September…

Wondering which one is cheaper…Barcelona or Paris?

Thanks a lot…

August 12, 2014
      • Feline

Cools. Thanks Alex for the quick info 🙂

August 15, 2014
  • Feline

Hey readers,
    Any idea if where to get the cheapest price for chanel classic flap either Paris pr Italy?
    Even though Italy return highest tax refund but the price for bags could be cheaper in Paris….

Cheers,
    Feline

August 10, 2014
  • sammy

Hey i live in Spain (Marbella) and i want to buy Chanel Reissue, Lady dior and Dior Soft Compartmentalised Shopping Bag. i was wondering where i can get them cheaper because i dont know if i have a tax refund because i am french.

Bisou xx

August 8, 2014
      • sammy

August 11, 2014
  • Akriti

I am travelling to France and Italy in December around Christmas and I really want to get myself either a Chanel or a Dior … Where do you suggest I buy it from??

August 1, 2014
      • Akriti

I don’t have anything specific in mind but I like to go in for the classics. And is it true that Italy gives you the best deal in Chanel in the world??

August 3, 2014
  • Lily

Could you please share what is the tax return for Barcelona?
    Thanks…

Adrimar
      VIA DELLA NINA 7/R
      50122 FIRENZE

August 2, 2014
  • Hime

Hi!

Could you please please tell me the shop address in Paris that sold yellow Prada Tote at price €130?
    Thanks

July 28, 2014
    • Winni

I bought it at Galeries Lafayette. U can get it at ground floor n 4th floor. But the color is lesser compared with boutique store.

July 29, 2014
      • Bianca

Thank you for sharing your shopping experience with all Winni! Loved seeing and reading about all your amazing purchases!

August 8, 2014
      • Anonymous

Can u pls give me the model of the prada yellow tote. Thanks

August 12, 2014
      • Danielle

Can u pls give me the model of the prada yellow tote. Thanks

August 21, 2014
      • tina

Hi Winnie,
        Love your bargain! Very lucky indeed
        Im going in July for a big shop, i hope to score lots and lots too! I will take lots of photos and come back here to share! Fingers crossed

February 27, 2016