Chanel Classic Bags On Sale, Get Max. 25% Discount

Do you have any idea how much money you will save if you can get a 10% discount on a Chanel classic flap bag? That’s more than $400 USD. Wouldn’t be beautiful if you can use that extra money and change it into a gorgeous Chanel wallet. Now you have your Chanel dream bag with a Chanel wallet inside. If that’s what you want, then read on…

First of all, Chanel classic flap bags certainly never go on sales. I never heard of that. But they do discount their seasonal bags.

There are several ways to get your Chanel classic flap bag discounted:

1. Buy Chanel at Heathrow airport
There is a tax-free area in Heathrow airport, London, that sells Chanel product. And obviously all prices are already excluded taxes. So even EU citizen can enjoy this advantage.

2. Get VAT-refund
This is not something new, but as a NON-EU citizen, you are allowed to get tax-refund on all your purchases in Europe. How much tax-refund you can get depends entirely on the country you are in. I put together a list here:

discount-chanel-table-1

A lot of girls travel from Asia and US, and even Canada just to buy their dream bag for a lower price. Especially Asia has, due to high demand, ridiculous high prices.

Now that you know you can buy Chanel bags cheaper, also understand that stocks are usually limited. So when you find your dream bag, don’t hesitate and wait. Avoid disappointment and buy it before it runs out of stock.

3. Buy at tax-free area in US. Some states don’t inject taxes on products, so you can get your dream bag for cheaper price.
If you want to read more about buying Chanel bags cheaper, I recommend the article: Buying designer brands for a cheaper price. It’s an extensive summary including explanation of how the VAT refund works.

Line-2

If you like this site, follow us at our Facebook page.

Subscribe to our newsletter and become a member.

COMMENTS
  • Name

Thanks Sassy! I have a stop over at Amsterdam for 3 hrs outbound. I’m still thinking if it is better to buy then in Amsterdam than the US. At least I can get a tax refund in EU.

March 4, 2013
  • ellen

Hi sassy!
    Is there any Chanel boutique in Schiphol airport? Where is the Chanel boutique in Amsterdam?

March 3, 2013
  • ellen

Thanks a lot for the info. How much usually is the tax rebate in California or Seattle?

March 3, 2013
  • ellen

Hi sassy,
    I live here in the UK. I’m heading to the US this march and I’m planning to buy a classic flap medium bag. How much tX rebate will I get if I buy it in the US? Would it turn out cheaper if I will buy here or better to buy it in Italy or Paris?

March 3, 2013
  • Ren

Hey!

I am heading to London and Paris in late April, I been always wanted to buy a medium flap and a jumbo flap, after reading this, I will probably pick them up there later this year, but do you know if the Chanel is inside the airport? And also, I will be landing in London, but probably going to catch the train to Paris, would I still be able to claim for tax return?

February 24, 2013
      • Ren

Thanks for the reply!! I am from Canada 🙂 Would I be getting my tax $ back in my Canadian airport??

February 24, 2013
          • Ren

regarding the return***

Sorry couldn’t reply down there anymore lol, but I actually had my bf call in, he said that he wanted to get me a gift but wasn’t sure if I would want to keep it and asked for their return policy, they told him that he was only able to make exchanges or get store credits, no refunds. He asked if it was like this for all chanel boutiques and the SA said only in Canada………

February 28, 2013
          • Ren

probably still going to wait till london 🙂 I don’t think the price increased

March 4, 2013
    • March786

Hiya Ren
      Heathrow no longer hold the classic flaps, however you can also go to any of the boutiquesin London and on showing your passport, they will assist in your tax refun. Hope this helps

February 26, 2013
      • Ren

Thank youuuuu! I heard there is going to be a price increase in 2 days.. (march 1st) so I am deciding if I should just get it here at home (canada) right now >______<. And are there a lot of chanel boutiques in london?

February 27, 2013
          • Ren

I would really prefer to get the bag in London as it will be my first time traveling there so it will kind of be a souvenir for me as well! And I am heading to London and Paris in Apr.

February 27, 2013
        • March786

Hiya Ren
          I spoke to my SA last week and they haven’t had any notice for a price increase yet, when are you coming over to the uk?

February 27, 2013
          • Ren

Really!!! thats really good to hear! I was talking to my bf about it and he said I would just buy the bag here in Canada today, and if price doesn’t go up by March 1st, return the bag and wait till London, but when I called our Chanel boutique, the SA told me that I wasn’t allow to return anything…exchanges only. so Im not sure what to do now…I really hope the price doesn’t increase till May!!! I will be going to the UK in April of this year!

February 27, 2013
  • Wendy

I found your website when I was doing research on which bag should be my first Chanel. I finally got the reissue 226 black suede bullskin. It is my absolute favorite and it goes with any clothes.. Be it casual or formal. Also its lighter than the jumbo classic and just the right size for my height 5’6, between a medium and jumbo. Thanks for the info and comparison article. i love love my chanel…. Only got 9% rebate from AUS GST though. Still worth it. I’m glad I chose this one as I can use it for day and night. Thanks again…

February 18, 2013
  • Vixxen

I am travelling through Heathrow in august this years and I was looking forward to getting chanel 2.55 bag then. However, the chanel store at Heathrow terminal 3 no longer stocks bags in their store only cosmetics and perfumes. They said it is now Chanel policy. I am utterly disappointed.

February 17, 2013
  • Wendy

I LOVE your website. Found it so useful when I was trying to decide which bag should be my first chanel. I just bought the reissue 226 in black suede bullskin material and love it so much coz it goes with all my clothes.. Casual or formal.. I can use it everyday as its such a good size and not as heavy as the classic jumbo.. And just between the medium and jumbo size… I only managed to get about 9% tax rebate in Australia… Sighz..
    Thanks for the useful info and comparison between the reissue and jumbo, price comparison As well… 😀 this website is in my fav bookmark now!

February 17, 2013
  • Sandra

Classic flap medium/large black bc I am 160 cm tall, maybe jumbo is too big for me… how many stuff u can put inside ur jumbo?

I love Gold HW but I think Silver HW is good for all outfits

February 17, 2013
  • Sandra

yes! WOC is adorable!!! but it is a clutch …
    let’s buy a “Classic” bag! Bc in the future the price will rise up T^T
    so buy it now!!

I just have to check if passengers from different Terminal can enter in T3 or not…

Thanks for ur help! U are very nice ^.~

February 13, 2013
  • Sandra

Hy!! wonderful blog!! so useful and very nice pictures!!
    I am an italian resident, I woul like to know if at the Heathrow London airport Chanel bags are already
    with cheaper price (without tax) or u have to apply for duty free.
    because maybe just the non-EU citizen can get VAT refund in London airport 🙁
    I want this bag so badly!

February 10, 2013
      • Sandra

maybe a medium classic flap or a Reissue 226 but I’m not sure, they are pretty expensive..
        yes they are “It bag” but they are not gold or diamonds…
        I know that they can make the difference in all kind of outfits… so I’m in trouble~.~
        I live in Italy , I can pick a low cost ticket and go to the London airport. (have a trip in London too 😀 )
        The question is about if my terminal is not T3 can I enter ? and the price is already duty free and without VAT? ~.~
        Thanks for replied me. oh Chanel why I love and hate u?

February 10, 2013
  • Angela

Yes! I totally worship this site! I already liked it on Facebook! 😉 And yes, I’ve already read about that article. 🙁 *deep sigh* Anyhoo, thanks for all your great help!!! 😀

February 9, 2013
  • Angela

We’re planning to tour around Europe in April and hop from one place to another. We’ll be arriving first in London then our second destination is Paris (where I plan to buy my very first Chanel purse), then we’re touring a few more places around Europe via Eurostar and end in Amsterdam before we fly back to Asia. Is it still possible for me to get a tax rebate if I buy the purse from Paris (or maybe in Rome for bigger tax rebate) and issue the rebate some place else? Or should I just buy it in one place (and probably not get the rebate anymore)?

February 9, 2013
      • Angela

I see! That’s what I thought. 🙁 Is the airport the only place where I can process the tax-refund? I think we’ll be in Paris between Sunday-Monday, however, since we’re joining a group tour, our itinerary’s really loaded during our stay in France. But I think we’ll prolly have a free time to shop in Rome (we’ll prolly be there on a Saturday) You’ve been such an angel to all of us bag lovers! Loads of hugs and kisses to you! <3

February 9, 2013
          • Angela

Yes! Definitely! THANK YOU SOOOOO VERY MUCH! I’ve only come across this site today and I’ve fallen in love with it already! More power your site! 😉 Keeping my fingers crossed that the prices won’t go up just yet, or at least not until I buy my purse! Hihi :”>

February 9, 2013
  • Kai

Thanks for the really helpful info! I have a question though: is the discounted price at the airport stores the same as the price at other boutiques after VAT deduction? I’m asking this because from what I understand, tourists do not get back the full amount of the VAT as there is an administration fee involved. When I bought things from Italy, I could only get back around 12-13% of the purchase price. So I’m wondering whether, for example, things would be 21% cheaper at the Italian airports, or just 12-13% cheaper?

January 5, 2013
      • Kai

Wow thanks for your really detailed answer! Yes I’m thinking of buying a Chanel bag and I’m heading to Europe this March (hopefully the price hasn’t increased by then!!!). I’ll be in Paris and Vienna, but was wondering which is the better place to get a Chanel, or if there is no difference at all. Could I also ask which are the airports that have Chanel boutiques? Thanks for your helpfulness! 🙂

January 19, 2013
  • Isabella

Buying Chanel in Paris is so much more fun and… CHEAPER, especially when you get the tax refund. It’s beautifull how the price is different in the original town.

December 10, 2012
  • Fayla

Hi Chanel mom,
    I see…ok2…i;m from Malaysia btw 🙂

Hi Sassy,
    Thanks!! very good info indeed!

December 5, 2012
  • Janki

My friend Dave just came back from London and he got me a Chanel tote bag from London and a tax-refund. I am going to meet him tomorrow, omg I cant wait

December 3, 2012
  • Fayla

Hi Sassy,
    OMG!!! around $600?? that too much…i will only go to europe in summer next year 🙁 Why they have to increase their price soo much? **headache

Hi Chanel mom,
    Already been to paris a few years back so do not plan to go there again…anw, do u have any idea of the price difference between london n paris? some say paris is cheaper? is it so?

December 3, 2012
    • Chanel mom

Hi Fayla,

Yes, it is true, London is a bit more expensive, I think a bit more than hundred bucks. But the prices of all cities in Europe are the same as Paris. Chanel bags will not be cheaper in Paris because they are made there. Which country are u actually from?

December 3, 2012
  • Chanel mom

Fayla, you should try buying in Paris. It is a great experience there, they have 14 Chanel stores!

December 1, 2012
  • Fayla

Hi Sassy,

thanks for fast your reply!! i plan to buy it summer next year..yeah its a long wayyy to go as i plan to go to europe during the summer…i thought if i buy it at the airport the price already tax free.. or is it not? owh i’m from malaysia btw…which is the main reason i don;t want to buy it here as the price is much2 higher 🙁

November 30, 2012
  • Fayla

Hi Sassy,
    i’m dreaming of owning a chanel and doing my savings currently(fingers crossed)…Do you mean buying a chanel bag at the airport is a good bargain? for example if i;m buying it in the heathrow airport will be much cheaper compared buying it at the boutique in london? Since you also mentioned the tax rate is different from one country to another, it will be wiser if i buy the bag at a country which has higher vat rate?

November 30, 2012
  • Amanda92

Are you sirious? OMG, I have bought all my bags + taxes while I can avoid it! =(

November 6, 2012
  • chilli-gr

my mom is taking a chanel jumbo bag back to the us today, omg i a bit nervous

November 5, 2012
  • NY-chick

I wanted to buy my Chanel next year, thanks for posting this lilz. Now I know where I should go on holiday next year and get my chanel at the same time.

November 4, 2012
  • Loreen92

OMG, are you guys serious? Does this really work? Anyone have REAL experience?

November 4, 2012