Chanel Is Adding The Boy Velvet Back To Their Latest Collection
Oh yeah, we have spotted the Boy Velvet. Is it back?
To let you know why I am so excited, here are some facts that you need to know:
– Chanel Boy Velvet Bags were introduced last year, in fact the Classic Flap Bag Velvet Bags were introduced for the Fall Winter 2014 Collection
– Velvet gives a different experience than leather and it’s in the renaissance age an economic phenomenon because it was associated with luxury and sophistication. Today, it still is.
– The material is known for its beauty but also for its warmth. (winter-perfect right?)
– Velvet are cheaper than leather (at least, that’s what we’ve experienced in the previous seasons).
– These bags are made affordable for those that have difficulties chasing the price increases
But there is also a downside, it’s not as easy to maintain like leather.
We’re spotting some differences between the previous boy-velvet and the new ones. For example, the old-boy velvet handbags were designed with large quilted stitches while these looks closer like the original Boy Flap Bags. It features in golden hardware, while we have spotted a lot of silver hardware in the previous collections.
But overall, there aren’t large differences and it should be that way! We expect the price to be around €3000 euro for the medium size. Please drop additional information to the comment section.